Saturday 17 August 2013

Nats Decks

So who has selected what they're playing for the Nats?

As I have no play group currently I've been having to play JOL which means figuring out what deck to play in advance in order to tune it.  I have ruled out Disco's whacky 419 / Hide the Heart combo, it's very cool but I can't quite get it to run properly.  Got a Brujah Debate deck that isn't working that well either so that's on the scrap heap.  Have a nice Tupdog deck and an OBT toolbox with guns and black metamorphosis that are both going well but aren't going to win championships.

So currently thinking Baali Vote, Derange Malk sleaze, AAA sleaze, Nos Princes, Maryanne bloat / vote, or Howler and friends :-)  Hopefully narrow it down by October!

What's everyone else thinking?

4 comments:

  1. Make sure if you are sticking around for Monday you have a "Trick Deck" for the Bruce Cup.

    I'd personally have been tempted to play my Annabelle Triabelle deck. I might also dabble into my Rachel Brandywine Deck or my PRO-FOR-ani deck. I've been dabbling with an OBF-FOR deck, but haven't quite got the kinks out in it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put together a 419 deck, in fact it was the last deck I built and it did quite well in my local playgroup. I thought of using the Hide the Heart angle too but decided against it and went for more combat instead.

    Currently trying to figure out what to take, as I'll need at least 2 decks (one for Nats, the other for Bruce Cup). Actually trying to build a deck around Baron Dieudonne as he looks like my Dad when he was younger, and my Dad passed away from cancer in 2007, so I'll be playing the Bruce Cup for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanes are that I will not be attending. If I do i will just choose one of my existing decks that haven't seen tournament play yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can get 419 and Hide the Heart to work that would be pretty amazing. Disco tried it with some success, I've tried a couple of variants and it just doesn't really roll. A lot of moving parts and you end up with holes in your deck that aren't easy to plug without diluting the oust mechanism.

    Nick said he tried with Kisha, stealth, and bambas to breed up and I think that is probably a better strategy.

    Either way, ballsy to play it at a Nats!!

    ReplyDelete